03/24 (Fri.) 19:30
National Concert Hall
Ju Percussion Group
NT$ 500 700 900 1200 1500
Percussion imprint by music masters
For this concert, maestro composers in Taiwan, such as Wen Lung-hsin, Lai De-he, Pan Hwang-long , Chien Nan-chang and Hsu Po-yun, are commissioned to write brand-new works tailor-made for the Ju Percussion Group, which will have the world premiere in the Concert Hall. In addition, the concert also features two pieces of the classic works by late Taiwanese music masters Ma Shui-Long and Li Tai-Hsiang, “I am…” and “The Birth of People.”
Through the multi-layers of variation in the percussion music as well as the works by these masters, the Ju Percussion Group hopes to revoke the audiences’ concern and memories about Taiwan, the island where we are born and living. Led by these music masters, the audiences will hear the rhythms of life portrayed by Taiwanese composers and will be able to explore the hidden treasures on the island.
Founder and Artistic Director of Ju Percussion Group │ Ju,Tzong-Ching
In 2016, Ju Tzong-Ching became the first Chinese musician to be inducted into the Washington-based Percussive Arts Society Hall of Fame in recognition of his contribution to the percussion music. He is currently the artistic director of Ju Percussion Group, chair professor of the Taipei National University of the Arts, and honorary professor of National Taiwan University of Arts.
JU Percussion Group
JU Percussion Group presents three major concerts annually with the aim of establishing diversified styles, showcasing creativity, inheriting tradition, and blending the East and West. Ju Percussion Group is dedicated to discovering the potential audiences as well as exploring the potential of percussion music by collaborating with other forms of arts. Over the years, Ju Percussion Group has put itself on the map of global music scene , and in the future, it will continue to march toward the goal of “rooted in Taiwan to embrace the whole world.”
- Duration: approx. 115 minutes with intermission.
- Pre-talk: 30 minutes before the performance at the lobby of National Concert Hall.
- WEBSITE: www.jpg.org.tw
- Ma Shui-long: I am...
- Li Tai-hsiang: The Birth of People
- Wen Lung-hsin: When the Stone goes up, Where are the birds Going? (Commissioned)
- Lai De-he: River without shore, eternal dream (Commissioned)
- Pan Hwang-long: "FORTUNE TURNS LICK A WHEEL" CONCERTO FOR FIVE SOLO PERCUSSION PLAYERS(2016)
- Chien Nan-chang: Le Petit Concerto (Commissioned)
- Hsu Po-yun: Point ‧ Line ‧ Dimension ‧ Cubic (Commissioned)