Whether you are willing or not,
time will always push you to grow, to bloom, and to wither.
What do you think of life?
Dancer, choreographer and inventor Huang Yi spends ten years contemplating this question, and answers it with a revolving stage and mesmerizing stories. Weaving together technology and artistry, A Million Miles Away pushes the boundaries of technology and art, sharing moments in life that carries us forward. On this 9-meter diameter revolving stage, Huang Yi explores life with unexpected encounters, creating lasting memories to be shared with us all.
In 2017, Huang Yi Studio + received the first joint commission by the National Theater & Concert Hall, National Taichung Theater, and National Kaohsiung Center for the Arts (Weiwuying) to create A Million Miles Away.
看 TIFA 試手氣
Beautiful and deeply thoughtful: A Million Miles Away by Huang Yi
【BAZAAR X TIFA】來自科技與藝術的對話，聽《長路》在旋轉舞台上詮釋這段人生時光。
拉威爾鋼琴獨奏曲「悼念公主的帕凡舞曲(Pavane pour une infante défunte)」, a playlist by November Wang on Spotify
Team │ Huang Yi Studio +
Taiwanese dancer, choreographer, inventor, and videographer Huang Yi’s pioneering work is steeped in his fascination with the partnership between humans and technology. He interweaves continuous movement with mechanical and multimedia elements to create a form of dance which corresponds with the flow of data, effectively making the performer a dancing instrument. Named by Dance Magazine as one of the “25 to Watch,” Huang was immersed in the arts at a young age, spending much of his childhood in his parents’ studio watching them teach tango and learning to paint alongside his father. He is widely considered one of Asia’s most prolific choreographers.
- Artistic Director&Choreographer │ HUANG Yi
- Performers │HU Chien, HUANG Yi, LIN Jou-wen, LUO Sih-wei
- Performers │CHEN Wei-an, CHUNG Shun-wen, LI Yuan-hao
- Technical Director │CHENG Hao-ting
- Revolving stage/ Cubical Motivation System Co., Ltd. (Engineering):
- YANG Chin-yuan Eugene (director), CHEN Wei-han (production)
- // Seed Spacelab (Platform design): S. YUEH Mei-chen, LO Kai //
- Woodart-design (Platform production): HO Ming-hsiu, YANG Ninghsiang
- Duration: approx. 60 minutes without intermission. Late comers will not be admitted.
- This production contains loud sound effects. Audience discretion is advised.
- Audio description is provided for this program. For more details,please visit the official website of the NTCH.
- Pre-show talk: 30 minutes before every performance at the lobby of the National Theater.
- Post-show talk will be held immediately after the matinee on 2/17(Sun.) at the National Theater.