03/29 FRI 18:00
Plaza at the Exit 5 of MRT Chiang ai-shek Memorial Hall Station
03/30 SAT 18:00
Concert Hall Terrace
04/05 FRI 18:00
Forest Playland (near Concert Hall)
04/06 SAT 18:00
HORSE SU Wei-Chia
Under a street lamp, freely encounter with FreeSteps SU Wei-chia: “Believing what you see with your own eyes makes everything very simple.”
FreeSteps – NiNi is SU Wei-chia’s work at the sixth year in his 10-year choreography project, in which he walks out of the theater and comes near you and me. It means that you will encounter dancers under a street lamp in the city, where all of the elements, including the temperature, lighting and landscape at that time as well as people like us in the surroundings, become materials for the dancers’ creation. Their physical bodies may be stretching or curling up or dancing in merriment or in pains. The variation of physical quality, the revolving of dancing steps, and shadows on the bodies left by light all contribute to shaping a physical sculpture.
The FreeSteps series sets out to look for the purest essence because it brings forth the most delightful freedom. It has neither anything to do with goals, concepts and allusions, nor anything to do with overly precise and delicate arrangements. Let’s get rid of fixed imagination, expectation and assumption because it is simply a struggle between dancing steps and physical bodies. Please bring along with you the courage to let imagination run freely and expect to encounter the pure touching moment that belongs to nobody but you at the minute of inspiration.
Related Articles... Read More
Team │ HORSE
Looking for steps in the pleasure of ecstasy! Founded in 2004, HORSE has been praised by the New York Times as “a charming and imaginative […] dance troupe from Taiwan” and been awarded the Taishin Arts Award and the first prize of Kurt-Joos-Preis, Germany.
Choreographer │ SU Wei-chia
Co-founder of the HORSE, SU Wei-chia’s Freesteps has been described by a French critic as “a performance that cultivates aesthetics to the extreme.”
- Choreographer │ SU Wei-chia
- Performer │ FANG Yu-ting
- Sound Design │ Yannick Dauby
- Light Design │ LIU Chia-ming
- Duration: approx. 40 minutes without intermission.
- Pre-talk: 3/29(Fri), 3/30(Sat) 30 minutes before the performance at the corridor of National Theater Gate 6, Forest Land No.5 (near MRT Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall Station).
- Post-talk: 4/5(Fri), 4/6(Sat) at the performance scene.
- Duration: approx. 70 minutes without intermission. Latecomers will not be admitted until a suitable break in the performance.
- This production contains partially nudity scenes, extremely loud sound and such special effects as flash light. Audience discretion is advised.