Known or none?
When the true self reveals through the deliberate layouts of selfie, what else to hide?
Brand-new solo dance performance created by LEE Chen-wei, launched soon.
What are you staring at? Give me a like or leave me alone. I put my smile on but it’s not for you, obviously the women should behave this way-said by them. so? Is this my best angle?
1, 2, 3 click click, that’s the sound of my pulse, breathing by mirror, digesting by phone. No! No! No! I try not to live like this, but I keep on saying More! More! More! Alright then, let’s have an other shoot.
Welcome to our Vanity Fair! Come in to the online platform of LEE Chen-wei, where you can see a series of dynamic progress with the one who is being observed. When swinging in the blurred area between the virtual and reality, do you know which one is where you belong?
Related Articles... Read More
Dancer │ Choreography LEE Chen-wei
LEE Chen-wei, former dancer of Israeli Batsheva Dance Company, has been acclaimed by its artistic director, Ohad Naharin, as “one of the most attractive dancers I've seen” and praised by the New York Times as “a sexpot soloist.” She has collaborated with many renowned choreographers, including Jérome Bel, Lisbeth Gruwez, Sharon Eyal, Marina Mascarell, Yasmeen Godder, Marcos Morau, Ho Hsiaomei, among others. She has also been a guest dancer in Sweden’s Göteborgs Operans Danskompani, Tanztheater Wuppertal Pina Bausch, and Voetvolk of Belgium.
- Artistic Director, Producer │ HO Hsiao-mei
- Concept, Choreography, Performer │ LEE Chen-wei
- Dramaturgy │ Vakulya Zoltán
- Stage Design │ WANG Ding-yeh
- Music Design │ Betty Apple
- Light Design │ Joanne Shyue
- Costume Design │ YANG Shuo-yun
- Duration: approx. 55 minutes, without intermission.
- This production contains smoke, loud sound effect and strobe lighting. Audience discretion is advised.
- The performance takes place in an open space without designated seats. Larger items are to be deposited at the front desk for the duration of the performance. Audiences are advised to wear light clothes and comfortable footwear.
- Post-talk: Evening show on 3/9 (Sat.) and matinee on 3/10 (Sun.) at the Experimental Theater.