Welcome to Christian Rizzo’s House!
“We will eventually gather together in hundreds of millions of years.”
Look up at the stars in the sky! There are hundreds of billions of galaxies in the universe, where the Earth is only a part of the whole operation system. It is an independently entity of energy separated from the matrix of universe. A house is born here…
Versatile French choreographer Christian Rizzo opens a crack on the universe and begins to draw the profile of “a house” with dance from a place we call “house.” Fourteen dancers carry the tracks of fourteen houses to meet with, separate from and then meet again with each other. Even with the fluidity of time and space, we still extract the mental and physical memories from our gathering, symbiosis and separation. All the negotiations and conflicts in the intimate relations and daily lives as well as the differentiation and aggregation…all happen in the house.
“There are multiple length lives. Each time there is the re-taming of silence in order to see the calm within signs of storm.” -- Christian Rizzo
Related Articles... Read More
Choreographer │ Christian Rizzo
Christian Rizzo is Artistic Director of ICI-CCN Montpellier, France, whose artistic career spans across various fields, including choreography, fashion, opera, performance art and stage design. In addition to artistic creation, he is also dedicated to promoting the art education. His outstanding achievement in contemporary art has drawn great attention from the international art circle. He won the SCAD best choreography award in 2013, was nominated for the Chevalier Order of Arts and Letters by French Ministry of Culture in 2014, and won the Taiwan-France Cultural Award granted by Taiwan’s Ministry of Culture in 2018.
- Choreography & stage design & costume design & light objects │ Christian Rizzo
- Dancer │ Youness Aboulakoul, Jamil Attar, Lluis Ayet, Johan Bichot, Léonor Clary, Miguel Garcia Llorens, Pep Guarrigues, Julie Guibert, Ariane Guitton, Hanna Hedman, David Le Borgne, Maya Masse, Rodolphe Toupin, Vania Vaneau
- Lighting Design │ Caty Olive
- Original music │Pénélope Michel et Nicolas Devos (Cercueil / Puce Moment)
- Technical direction │ Thierry Cabrera
ICI — centre chorégraphique national Montpellier - Occitanie / Direction Christian Rizzo
With the support of la Fondation d'entreprise Hermès
Co-production (pending) Bonlieu Scène nationale Annecy, Chaillot-Théâtre National de la Danse - Paris, Théâtre de la Ville - Paris, Festival Montpellier Danse 2019, Opéra de Lille, National Performing Arts Center – National Theater & Concert Hall (Taiwan), Théâtre National de Bretagne, L’Empreinte, Scène nationale Brive/Tulle, Teatro Municipal do Porto / Festival DDD – Dias da Dança (Portugal), Mercat de les Flors – Casa de la Dansa (Spain), Ménagerie de Verre - Paris, La Place de la Danse - CDCN Toulouse / Occitanie, Charleroi Danse - Centre chorégraphique de la Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles (Belgium), Domaine d’O – domaine d’art et culture (Hérault, Montpellier), Theater Freiburg (Germany)
With the participation of CNC - DICRéAM
Has benefited from a studio loan at the CND Centre national de la danse
- Duration: approx. 60 minutes, without intermission. Latecomer will not be admitted.
- This production contains extremely loud sound. Audience discretion is advised.
- Pre-talk: 30 minutes before every performance at the lobby of National Theater.
- Post-talk: 3/30(Sat.) at the lobby of National Theater.