04/21 (Fri.) 19:30
04/22 (Sat.) 19:30
04/23 (Sun.) 14:30
Rocío Molina Company
NT$ 500 800 1200 1600 2000 2500 3000
Versatile flamenco queen showcasing the fantastic and magical imagination
Behind the closed door, a man stands in front of Rocío Molina, but who is the prey and who is the hunter?
As the most distinctive choreographer in Spain, Rocío Molina earns her reputation with her unruly wilderness and rebellions against the orthodox, and is once acclaimed as “one of the greatest flamenco dancers” by The New York Times.
Bosque Ardora, a co-production of the Biennale de la danse de Lyon and the Théâtre National de Chaillot, is inspired by Greek mythology, exploring the dark desires and fantasies with animals’ instincts while surviving in the forests. Two dancers and six musicians, all male, surround Rocío Molina, who knows too well about their weakness. One minute, she is the fairy bewitching them, but the very next minute, she becomes sacred and inviolable Goddess of war. With irresistible charms, she plays with them and twist them around her little finger, making them entirely fall at her feet. Audiences also participate in the game by witnessing everything through the opening between trees and crevices among foliage. In the wild and primitive imaginary forest, who will eventually survive?
Choreography, artistic and musical direction│Rocío Molina
Rocío Molina, the genius of flamenco dance who won the National Award for Dance at the age of 26, has coined her own artistic language based on a reinvented traditional flamenco style which respects its essence, but embraces the avant-garde. Her talent has made the great Mikhail Baryshnikov fall to his knees in homage. She is the recipient of many awards, including the 2015 Max Award, the 2015 Olivier Awards, and the 2016 UK National Dance Award.
- Dance／Rocío Molina、Eduardo Guerrero、Fernando Jiménez
- Guitar／Eduardo Trassierra
- Vocals／José Javier Guerrero Hernandez
- Palmas y Compás／Maria Karolina Gonzalez Martinez "La Negra"
- Drums & Live Electronics／Pablo Martín Jones
- Trombone／José Vicente Ortega、Agustín Orozco
Technical and Production Team
- Choreography, Artistic and Musical Direction／Rocío Molina
- Artistic and Acting Direction／Rocío Molina、Mateo Feijoo
- Musical Direction, Composition and Arrangements for cante／Rosario «la Tremendita»
- Original Composition for Guitar and Arrangements for Trombones／Eduardo Trassierra
- Lights Design／Carlos Marquerie
- Sound Space Design／Pablo Martín Jones
- Technical Director, Lights／Antonio Serrano
- Sound／Javier Álvarez
- Stage Manager／Reyes Pipio
- Executive Producer／Loïc Bastos
- Duration: approx. 90 minutes, without intermission.
- Pre-talk: 30 minutes before every performance at the lobby of National Theater.
- Post-talk: 4/23(Sun.) at the lobby of National Theater.